REX also offer a generic data import from any CAD software tools and support the following file formats:
Important: Please create a separate folder which contains the exported geometry information.
REX has the following requirements in order to be accepted by our platform:
- REX currently only supports (textured) triangle meshes, no line sets, polygons, or splines are supported.
- The geometry should be modeled around the coordinate origin (0/0/0).
- The geometry has to be in unit meters.
- Texture files should be referenced with relative paths.
- Texture files must be added separately to the geometry information (only JPG and PNG textures are supported).
- Texture files should not contain any Umlauts or spaces.
- All faces/polygons have to be triangulated.
- The model should not contain any co-planar triangles (may cause flickering artifacts).
- For best performance, the triangle count should not exceed 100.000 (100k) triangles.
- The model should not contain any flying object in space.
- The model should be oriented properly so that the Z axis is towards the sky.
Note: Your geometry may also contain some texture information which is typically stored as separate files. If you have texture files, you need to make a .ZIP file which includes the geometry and texture files.